Green Runners’ Week – 5th to 11th April 2021
WHAT IS THE GREEN RUNNERS' WEEK?
7 days to cover 42 km and become a Green Runner!
7 days to:
- Run a total of 42 km on Strava (e.g., 4 runs of 10.5 km).
- Adopt green running habits.
- Share on the social networks using #ParisMarathon and #GreenRunners
From 5th to 11th April 2021, the week during which the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris is usually held. During this COVID impacted year, we want to get kitted out and celebrate running, even at a distance!
Don’t forget: run in compliance with the health rules in force 😉
For everyone to look after themselves whilst protecting our environment and nurturing solidarity!
Our goal is to reunite the 65,000-strong field of the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris on the virtual stage!
As a reward for this collective effort, the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris and the Schneider Electric Foundation have pledged to donate €1 per runner up to the first 45,000 participants to the non-profit PLAY International, which focuses on designing and rolling out learning and inclusion projects for vulnerable children and young people using sport and games as educational tools.
Through their support for this cause, the Schneider Electric Foundation and Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris are getting involved in the programme Playing, learning and debating to promote equal opportunity.
The programme leverages sport to further the education and inclusion of young people. It will support professional coordinators in priority neighbourhoods in towns and cities such as Paris, enabling them to organise sport sessions that also tackle sensitive issues such as the fight against discrimination and violence, presenting a different view of disability and promoting gender equality.
Green Runners can also make a personal donation to PLAY International.
Every step counts! Join the movement!
The 42 km Green Runners’ Challenge on Strava
- Join the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris Strava Club
- From 29th March, sign up for free for the Green Runners’ Week Challenge on Strava
- From 5th to 11th April, run a total of 42 km (e.g., 4 x 10.5 km, 2 x 21 km, etc.)
Take “Green Running habits” challenges on the social networks with #ParisMarathon
- Follow the #ParisMarathon on the social networks
- Each day, on our social network accounts, discover a Green Running habit to adopt and share your photos using #GreenRunners and #ParisMarathon
REWARDS FOR YOUR EFFORTS?
There are many prizes to win during all of Green Runners’ Week!
There are more than 200 prizes to win thanks to the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris and its partners:
- 50 race bibs for the 2021 Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris
- 50 Mobiya solar recharging lamps offered by Schneider Electric
- 1 ASICS outfit for the first woman and first man to complete the total challenge
- 20 pairs of ASICS running shoes
- 10 ASICS back packs
- 10 pairs of ASICS socks
- 10 100% banana boxes offered by Banane de Guadeloupe & Martinique
- 15 Tiger Balm gift sets
- 2 pairs of AYRE compression boots offered by Compex
- 50 one-year subscriptions to the Appart Fitness On Demand platform
Each step counts! Join the movement!