Ready to take on a multitude of challenges and discover the incredible world of running?
1,100 children took part in the Génération Marateens programme in 2023!
Since its inception in 2017, Génération Marateens is launching its 4th edition this year to allow 7-10-year-olds from all the arrondissements of Paris to be introduced to running thanks to sports and educational workshops. Sport is everyone's business!
- Promoting running among 7-10-year-olds from different social backgrounds and all arrondissements of Paris
- Project supported by the City of Paris and carried out with the help of the Directorate for Youth and Sports
- A one-month programme leading up to the Marathon with a weekly meeting
- A final highlight of the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris week
- Sporting and educational workshops (running is a very good educational tool to discuss history, nutrition, physio...)
- 8, 15 and 22 March in several arrondissements
- Ten team challenges, supervised by sports coaches: sports, quizzes, etc.
- Content that is adapted, fun, interactive and evolving
- A "running passport" is given to each young participant
- Stamps to collect to validate the different challenges
- A collective warm-up with music to start the session
- A snack to end with a moment of sharing and conviviality
- On March 29, a special afternoon at the Stade Charlety with all the arrondissements
- On the programme:
- Reception in the Charlety stadium, which hosts major sports events
- Meeting with a champion: Yohan Durand, a French runner specialising in long and middle distance
- A free t-shirt worthy of the greatest marathon runners
- A well-deserved snack!
In 2023, Generation Marateens returns with :
- 1,100+ children to be introduced to running
- 4 major events
- All the arrondissements of Paris are engaged
- 11 sports centres taking part in the Marateens