Ready to take on a multitude of challenges and discover the incredible world of running?
Since its inception in 2017, Génération Marateens is launching its 4th edition this year to allow 7-10-year-olds from all the arrondissements of Paris to be introduced to running thanks to sports and educational workshops. Sport is everyone's business!
What is Generation Marateens
- Promoting running among 7-10-year-olds from different social backgrounds and all arrondissements of Paris
- Project supported by the City of Paris and carried out with the help of the Directorate for Youth and Sports
- A one-month programme leading up to the Marathon with a weekly meeting
- A final highlight of the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris week
- Sporting and educational workshops (running is a very good educational tool to discuss history, nutrition, physio...)
How aree the 4 main events organised?
- 8, 15 and 22 March in several arrondissements
- Ten team challenges, supervised by sports coaches: sports, quizzes, etc.
- Content that is adapted, fun, interactive and evolving
- A "running passport" is given to each young participant
- Stamps to collect to validate the different challenges
- A collective warm-up with music to start the session
- A snack to end with a moment of sharing and conviviality
- On March 29, a special afternoon at the Stade Charlety with all the arrondissements
- On the programme:
- Reception in the Charlety stadium, which hosts major sports events
- Meeting with a champion: Yohan Durand, a French runner specialising in long and middle distance
- A free t-shirt worthy of the greatest marathon runners
- A well-deserved snack!
A few figures
In 2023, Generation Marateens returns with :
- 1,100+ children to be introduced to running
- 4 major events
- All the arrondissements of Paris are engaged
- 11 sports centres taking part in the Marateens