Access to the Start
When you arrive at the site by public transport and, if necessary when you have left your things at the left luggage facilities on Avenue Foch, make your way to the start line on the Champs-Elysées.
Please note, there are only three entry points (with entry checks) to get to the start area:
- The two pavements at the extreme west of the Champs-Elysées (Place de l’Etoile)
- The two pavements at the bottom of the Champs-Elysées, coming from Place de la Concorde
- Avenue Georges V at Rue Washington, at the centre.
It will not be possible to enter through other cross-cutting streets.
For your security
Due to the Vigipirate plan which is in place in France, security levels will be heightened and specific measures will be implemented at the start and finish sites and within private areas.
A few things to bear in mind:
- Arrive ahead of time.
- Keep personal items to a minimum.
- Co-operate with checks and controls.
- Comply with the security regulations and instructions.
- Listen to the audio messages which are broadcast.
- Report any suspicious behaviour or objects to the security services.