Génération Marateens —innovating for future generations!
Génération Marateens is a joint programme with Paris Municipality which was launched in 2016. It uses educational and sports activities to promote running among young Parisians.
- These children spend a month (February to March 2017) participating in sessions run by the organisers jointly with street educators and the Directorate of Urban Affairs, Youth And Sports.
- They will take part in sports and educational workshops on subjects such as nutrition, physiology, health, games, locomotion and history.
- The children will also meet top French athletes at INSEP four days before the competition;
- They will get to cross the finish line right before the world's leading marathon runners.
- The aim for 2017 is to introduce 1,500 children aged 10 and 11 from the 11th, 13th, 15th, 18th, 19th and 20th districts of Paris. The long-term objective is to extend the programme to all districts.
In 2017, the organisers of the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris will double the number of neighbourhoods in the Génération Marateens programme. Tell your family and friends to come and cheer on the Marateeners —they will cross the finish line right before the world's leading marathon runners.